UL96 Listed Lightning Protection Parts
Petro Guardian LLC is a proud manufacturer of UL96 Listed Lightning Protection Components for Residential, Commercial and Industrial Applications. Our turnkey installation services utilize the benefit to offer prompt availability, quality with affordability to our customers.
UL96 is an Approved American National Standard (ANSI/UL) for Safety for Lightning Protection Components. These requirements cover lightning protection components for use in the installation of complete systems of lightning protection on buildings and structures. These requirements do not cover the installation of lightning protection components. Products of this type are covered by the Standard for Installation Requirements for Lightning Protection Systems.
UL96 uses the following definitions for its main components:
- AIR TERMINAL – A component of a lightning protection system that is intended to intercept lightning flashes.
- CLASS I Lightning Protection Components – All conductors, fittings, and fixtures necessary to protect ordinary buildings and structures not more than 75 feet (23 m) high.
- CLASS II Lightning Protection Components – All conductors, fittings, and fixtures necessary to protect ordinary buildings and structures more than 75 feet (23 m) high.
- CLASS II Modified Lightning Protection Components – Components constructed for use in a system to protect a heavy duty stack.
- CONDUCTOR – The portion of a lightning protection system intended to carry the lightning discharge between air terminals and ground.
a) Main Conductor – A conductor that interconnects air terminals and serves as a down lead to ground.
b) Secondary Conductor – A conductor that connects metal bodies to the lightning protection system to eliminate the buildup of an electrical potential between them during a lightning strike.
Lightning Protection Components Manufactured and Listed fall under the following categories:
- Air Terminals
- Air Terminal Base Supports
- Bimetallic Conductors
- Water Pipe Connectors
- Ground Rod Clamps
- Bonding Plates
- Cable Mounting Clips and Fasteners
- Ground Electrodes
- Thru Structure Assemblies